Re: DFS responses; not technical; watered down

__/ [ flyer ] on Wednesday 28 February 2007 05:51 \__

> On Tue, 27 Feb 2007 12:11:40 -0500, Danny Kwong
> <myemailisnotreal@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 27 Feb 2007 16:17:01 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> __/ [ Handover Phist ] on Tuesday 27 February 2007 15:48 \__

>>> For me it was as soon as I entered. The nerve of coming to Linux advocacy
>>> forum and then posting new threads which are all inflammatory and
>>> anti-charter (it's what got tab kicked out)... it's like entering a
>>> shrine
>>> and then pissing all over the place.  Give this man a bucket, or toss him
>>> in one (plonk).
>>

>>With all due respect, a good number of your
>>massive quantity of posts have absolutely nothing
>>to do with Linux nor with Linux advocacy nor with
>
> With absolutely no respect, you have it utterly wrong and you know it.
> Stop pretending faker.
>
> Roy's posts have EVERYTHING to do with Linux, since Win is the huge
> fuming dungpile in the middle of our vacation road to better
> computing.
>
> And stop pretending to have respect. You don't.
>
> Since you're advocating a reduction in shining the light on the idiocy
> of MS, you as well have zero judgement.
>

>>Linux compared to other operating systems which
>>the charter of this group seems to indicate is the
>>purpose of this group.
>

>>You seem to be on some kind of an anti Microsoft,
>>Vista mission of mercy
>
> Seems to? Well make up your mind and decide, and if you're not going
> to tear the crap out of MS -- an important part of getting something
> decent on our boxes --  then go the f___ away wimpy.
>

>  which makes the actual
>>advocacy posts you make get lost in all
>>the noise.
>
> You are the blubbery noise which would lessen the attack on a criminal
> mess so many are stuck with using for an OS.
>
> Don't like attacks on MS? Then go the hell away.
>
>>Danny

I plonked "Danny Kwong" after he had crossposted to the Windows newsgroup/s
(twice!) just to say that Linux is (apparently) not being adopted. An
advocacy newsgroup is here for a reason just like the technical newsgroups
are there for a reason. These sorts of posts seem to belong in the
anti-Linux advocacy newsgroups, whatever they may be.

With regards to your question, there's no way of measuring UseNet access and
actual /use/ (some people subscribe, but don't actually read anything).
Judging by one among many UseNet gateways, COLA does play a role. Going to
the main page of Google Groups (with my Google cookie delivered by the Web
browser) I see that my posts were viewed 4149 times in the past 7 days. And
that's just Google Groups alone (only a few active/regular posters access
COLA via Google). This does not include news servers like yours and it also
excludes UseNet mirror, of which there are plenty (some even maintained by
Microsoft individuals).

The reason I post here, however, is not related to visibility. I do this
because I enjoy reading all sorts of stuff which I come across. It's like
play, not work, because I have an interest and passion for it. It's vibrant.
It also validates the belief that the platform which I use, being a
/relatively/ early adopter, is becoming mainstream very quickly. It also
shows me how the industry where I belong is transforming. Sharing this with
a newsgroup that used to be overwhelmed by trolls (have a look at 2005
archives and go backwards) seems beneficial to some. So I carry on...

I don't do much more than pass on stuff that's usually buried far away from
mainstream press, which has motives other than truth. The press and
journalism are dying because of the Internet. They will do anything for
money. Linux advocacy is, at least to them, no gold mine. Pleasing dinosaurs
with piles of cash helps reporters secure their jobs.

--
                ~~ Best wishes

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bYsxaMyFV2Y http://youtube.com/watch?v=QNb7gPA1JFk
  7:00am  up 36 days  7:18,  8 users,  load average: 0.22, 0.16, 0.16