Re: Office Live, LLC Sues Microsoft for Federal Trademark Infringement

<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Mon, 26 Feb 2007 21:28:47 +0000
<5091866.TYNoR2Y3la@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> __/ [ Peter Köhlmann ] on Monday 26 February 2007 15:00 \__
>
>> Doug Mentohl wrote:

>>> MS should rename it Live Office, like they did with 'Office Open' so as
>>> not to be confused with Open Office .. :)
>>
>> Yes. Certainly. After all, "Lindows" sounded so much like "windows"
>> MS *naturally* had to sue to protect their trademark.
>> If they blatantly and knowingly use the trademark of another company, it is
>> just the normal business practice of MS. Just move on, nothing to see
>> here...
>
> They actually paid Linspire $30 million, IIRC, in order to have /their/ name
> changed. FWIW, there's also a business in Australia that's called something
> like Vista Windows. They don't seem to mind. And let's not forget iPhone,
> which had two giants wrestle and eventually settle.
>
> Oh! And Longhorn is apparently the name of some pub where the name was
> conceived. And it'll be the server.

Linux is also very hot stuff and very clean.
(It's a fireplace and laundry soap.)

Not to be outdone, Unix is toilet paper and a fire
extinguisher, and "micro&soft" is a fabric softener.

http://folk.uio.no/hpv/linuxtoons/, near the bottom.

http://cm.bell-labs.com/cm/cs/who/dmr/otherunix.html

suggests even more uses for Unix, such as a massage device,
various pens, a form of barley, a fungicide for grain,
diapers, a TV antenna, and a blow dryer.

www.unix.co.jp might even be fashionable in some circles,
but it has nothing to do with the OS. :-)

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Useless C++ Programming Idea #992398129:
void f(unsigned u) { if(u < 0) ... }