Re: Office Live, LLC Sues Microsoft for Federal Trademark Infringement

__/ [ Peter Köhlmann ] on Monday 26 February 2007 15:00 \__

> Doug Mentohl wrote:

>> MS should rename it Live Office, like they did with 'Office Open' so as
>> not to be confused with Open Office .. :)
>
> Yes. Certainly. After all, "Lindows" sounded so much like "windows"
> MS *naturally* had to sue to protect their trademark.
> If they blatantly and knowingly use the trademark of another company, it is
> just the normal business practice of MS. Just move on, nothing to see
> here...

They actually paid Linspire $30 million, IIRC, in order to have /their/ name
changed. FWIW, there's also a business in Australia that's called something
like Vista Windows. They don't seem to mind. And let's not forget iPhone,
which had two giants wrestle and eventually settle.

Oh! And Longhorn is apparently the name of some pub where the name was
conceived. And it'll be the server.

--
                ~~ Best wishes

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bYsxaMyFV2Y http://youtube.com/watch?v=QNb7gPA1JFk
Mem:    514480k total,   478052k used,    36428k free,    60232k buffers