Re: [News] Microsoft Says The Sky is Falling

Mark Kent wrote:

Microsoft warns of danger to digital music after record $1.5bn fine

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft was yesterday fined a record $1.52bn (£777m) for
| infringing a digital music patent which could throw into doubt
| the future of the digital music industry.
`----

http://business.guardian.co.uk/story/0,,2019691,00.html?gusrc=rss&feed=1

This bit is intersting:

``The damages award seems particularly outrageous when you consider we paid...only $16m to license this technology,''

Doesn't the RIAA want and outrageous amount per illegal shared track?

Seems only fair to me.