Re: [News] Man Tries Windows Vista, Vows to Never Try It Again

__/ [ The Ghost In The Machine ] on Wednesday 21 February 2007 18:03 \__

http://www.dell.com/content/topics/global.aspx/solutions/en/winvista?c=us&cs=&l=en&s=dhs

>>> "Imagine living a secure, digital life to the fullest?"
>>>
>>> Wow.
>>>
>>> Is it me or is that code for "Imagine Microsoft
>>> everywhere?"  Windows in one's coffee maker.  Windows in
>>> ones TV (pictured).  Windows in one's remote.  Windows in
>>> one's comfy chair and love life.  And of course Windows
>>> in windows, to automatically open and shut them when one
>>> waves an arm in that general direction.
>>>
>>> And remember, it's a standard.  (FSVO)
>>
>> Microsoft in one's toilet, even.  You'll need a seat license while you
>> sit on your throne?
>
> Heh...yeah, but what happens if you're unauthorized to
> use Microsoft Loo?  Does the toilet back up?
>
> (Yuck.)
>
> Yeah, that makes me feel real secure.  :-)

It relates to a recent popular joke:

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/gadgets/microsoft-etoilet-zune-integration-and-diet-guide-228974.php

It was very widespread at the time, but I didn't mention it in COLA because
it's immature and can be described as a petty attempt to discredit
Microsoft.
--
                ~~ With compliments

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Linux: the most popular, but not most widespread
  6:20am  up 30 days  6:38,  7 users,  load average: 0.81, 0.63, 0.72