Re: [News] Man Tries Windows Vista, Vows to Never Try It Again

<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Wed, 21 Feb 2007 13:17:46 +0000
<6749180.z2c2AuqH74@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Windows Vista... I hate you
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Yesterday I took the leap and got a copy of Windows Vista, the new
> | operating system by Microsoft and recipient of much news since it's
> | launch a month or so ago.
> |
> | [...]
> |
> | As for Vista... I have promised that I will never... never install
> | Vista again. What a disappointment... what a waste of money and what
> | a bunch of hoopla over nothing.
> `----
>
> http://malandtv.com/blog/105/windows-vista-i-hate-you

Wow!  What did it *do* to him? ;-)

The article mentions downing Ableton Live, which apparently
was the straw that broke it.  (I have no idea what Ableton Live
is but presume it has something to do with music.)

One of the responses wants his CD key.  (My brain hurts.)

> Dell describes Vista perfectly:
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | "Great for... Booting the Operating System, without running
> | applications or games"
> `----
>
> http://www.dell.com/content/topics/global.aspx/solutions/en/winvista?c=us&cs=&l=en&s=dhs

"Imagine living a secure, digital life to the fullest?"

Wow.

Is it me or is that code for "Imagine Microsoft
everywhere?"  Windows in one's coffee maker.  Windows in
ones TV (pictured).  Windows in one's remote.  Windows in
one's comfy chair and love life.  And of course Windows
in windows, to automatically open and shut them when one
waves an arm in that general direction.

And remember, it's a standard.  (FSVO)

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
If your CPU can't stand the heat, get another fan.