Re: [News] A Second European Complaint Filed Against Microsoft, Over APIs

begin  oe_protect.scr
> __/ [ [H]omer ] on Tuesday 30 January 2007 07:11 \__
>
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>> Microsoft rivals file second European complaint
>> [snip]
>>>
> http://www.marketwatch.com/News/Story/Story.aspx?guid=%7bAF5B8FB2-488F-4468-80B8-21F6EEE223E3%7d&siteid=yhoo&dist=yhoo
>>> http://tinyurl.com/2ybdot
>>>
>>> Recent:
>>>
>>> Software rivals say Microsoft's Vista illegal in Europe
>>>
>>> ,----[ Excerpt ]
>>> `----
>>
>> Microsoft's Mafia activities might go unhindered in Bush's haven of
>> corruption, but they're going to have a tougher time over on this side
>> of the pond.
>>
>> On a related note: I don't exactly see the UK "buzzing" with
>> excitement over "Vista Day" ... zzzzzzzz:
>>

> http://www.itpro.co.uk/applications/news/103313/no-midnight-madness-for-uk-vista-launch.html
>>
>> Thanks to our mysterious Sockmaster for the link :)
>
> I think we would rather have no such "mysterious sockmaster". When it
> imitates them, they imitate us. Don't play their dirty games which involve
> fake subject lines (fabricated anti-Linux stories) and stalker/imposter
> tricks.

I successfully trapped them from the Digest this time...

> They can carry on trying to put labels on people. Everything I post I have
> faith in.
>
> BTW, I agree with your assessment. Not only does the US government beg for
> alienation over here; Microsoft joins it. For both, lockin or dependencies
> are involved. NSA<->Microsoft<->Hollywood<->Energy<->Army. It's predatory
> and suppressive imperialism. No more, no less.

It really is the most rotten heights of corruption, the sort of thing
I'd expect to see in a so-called "banana republic", but most certainly
not worthy of the US.  I wonder that more US citizens do not stand up
against this appallingly overt corruption, but I suspect that the state
of the owned media over there is such that many, if not most people
remain in ignorance of the parlous state of their own government.

Perhaps the time is right for the US's major trading partners to highlight
these issues more firmly and fully?  In particular, there's no excuse for
the major English speaking countries not to do so, especially UK, Canada,
Australia, NZ, Ireland and India, as there is so much trade involved.

Maybe we could paint GOLDIE HAWN a rich PRUSSIAN BLUE --