Re: How Much Does M$ Spend to Discredit COLA?

On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 12:15:35 -0800, cc wrote:

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> __/ [ John Bailo ] on Monday 22 January 2007 19:24 \__
>>

>> > I'm trying to guess the total budget Microsoft has been spending to
>> > discredit COLA.
>> >
>> > It's got to be at least 3 salaries...and a lot of hourly if flatfish+++
>> > is billing them.
>>
>> Whatever he gets paid, it's a waste of money. His lousy posts bring nothing
>> but laughter. Sure, they slow me down a little because I quickly glance at
>> them...
>>

> The question is, why would anyone pay to discredit COLA, or any
> newsgroup? When was the last time a Usenet post was quoted in any form
> of media? Maybe some blogs I supposed, but 99.9% of the population
> doesn't care and hasn't heard about Usenet. So the only people who care
> about newsgroups are the people who post in them, so it would seem a
> little silly to try and discredit a newsgroup or posters in the
> newsgroup. Also, if posters were getting paid, I'd think they'd be
> posting as much as you, so...

COLA is well known as the cesspit of Usenet Linux groups.
Nobody in their right mind takes this group seriously.
However, Usenet is Usenet and posts bring website hits which in turn bring
$$$ via Adsense and others.

And THAT is what Roy Schestowitz is all about.
He is using COLA and the lackeys in COLA for his own self serving
interests.

> As far as anyone *really* knows, you're the only one making money from
> posting in COLA, albeit indirectly. You link your own ad-funded site
> regularly in here. And while I have no opinion on that one way or
> another, accusing others of making money here with no real facts, while
> it's proven that you do make money from posting here, is a little
> hypocritical.

It's not a little hypocritical, it's a LOT hypocritical.