Re: How Much Does M$ Spend to Discredit COLA?

  • Subject: Re: How Much Does M$ Spend to Discredit COLA?
  • From: "cc" <scatnubbs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 22 Jan 2007 12:15:35 -0800
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> __/ [ John Bailo ] on Monday 22 January 2007 19:24 \__
>

> > I'm trying to guess the total budget Microsoft has been spending to
> > discredit COLA.
> >
> > It's got to be at least 3 salaries...and a lot of hourly if flatfish+++
> > is billing them.
>
> Whatever he gets paid, it's a waste of money. His lousy posts bring nothing
> but laughter. Sure, they slow me down a little because I quickly glance at
> them...

The question is, why would anyone pay to discredit COLA, or any
newsgroup? When was the last time a Usenet post was quoted in any form
of media? Maybe some blogs I supposed, but 99.9% of the population
doesn't care and hasn't heard about Usenet. So the only people who care
about newsgroups are the people who post in them, so it would seem a
little silly to try and discredit a newsgroup or posters in the
newsgroup. Also, if posters were getting paid, I'd think they'd be
posting as much as you, so...

As far as anyone *really* knows, you're the only one making money from
posting in COLA, albeit indirectly. You link your own ad-funded site
regularly in here. And while I have no opinion on that one way or
another, accusing others of making money here with no real facts, while
it's proven that you do make money from posting here, is a little
hypocritical.