Re: [News] Transcripts from House of Lord Microsoft Hearing Published

__/ [ The Ghost In The Machine ] on Monday 22 January 2007 20:12 \__

> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, B Gruff
> <bbgruff@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>  wrote
> on Mon, 22 Jan 2007 19:40:14 +0000
> <51ki6oF1kgugbU4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> On Monday 22 January 2007 17:35 Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> Microsoft and the Open Source community agree more must be done to make
>>> reporting cyber-crime easier
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://www.egovmonitor.com/node/9122
>>>

>>> Some quotes from the full transcript:
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]

>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/ld/lduncorr/s&tii170107.pdf
>>
>> Yep - great innit?
>>
>> "OSS is not secure"?
>>
>> "OSS is little used"?
>>
>> "OSS is inferior to 'professional' S/W"?
>>
>> "S/W is only worth what you pay for it"?
>>
>> Heh - run trolls, run...... clip-clop clip-clop.......:-)
>>

> And here I thought that odd noise was hundreds of
> TrollArguments(tm) falling over and dying. :-)

All these comments will bite Microsoft in the arse when it attempt to ride
the "Open Source" wave with its new "Open Source Enterprise License" from
Microsoft (or whatever they called it in the recent Aras propaganda).
Unama,erican, undependable (Microsoft said this to the BBC last year),
cancer, belongs in a museum, communism...

The hypocrisy in this debate will be fun to pick on in years to come...

Keep copies of all these statements. As CNN shows up, Microsoft has a history
of cleaning up everything which doesn't favour its presence. This includes
Microsoft's own site... PJ sometimes need to link to the Web Archive (Time
Machine) to find unflattering text from Microsoft.com.

Novell has been doing some 'housecleaning' since the deal as well. Here's one
example that we spotted.

http://boycottnovell.com/2006/11/20/novell-change-image/

--
                        ~~ Best wishes

Welcome to standards-compliant Web browsing. http://www.spreadfirefox.com/
Tasks: 132 total,   1 running, 129 sleeping,   0 stopped,   2 zombie