Re: [News] Over a Million PS3s Sold in Japan, Ouselling Microsoft 2:1

> ____/ Mark Kent on Friday 20 July 2007 09:41 : \____

>>> ____/ Mark Kent on Friday 20 July 2007 08:02 : \____

>>> Duke didn't really bring anything new. In fact, Wolfenstein was the first
>>> game where I saw the FPS-type interaction. I was amazed. I was probably
>>> about 10 or 11 at the time and I remember where I saw it and /what/ I saw
>>> (which pretty much proves the impact).
>>>

>> Wolf3D was amazing, although the motion wasn't that great on it.  Duke
>> 3D did allow interaction with the world through terminals, cameras and
>> such like which we hadn't had in earlier games.
>
> Have a look at this bizarre video that Is potted a couple of months ago:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdd4zGGL5ps&mode=related&search=

That is extremely bizarre, but it does demonstrate just how seriously
Microsoft have taken the games market, and therefore explains why we've
had so many paid shills and trolls in cola claiming that you can't play
games on Linux.  Obviously, we know that not only can you play games,
but Linux is superior in many respects for doing so, but the drive to
say otherwise is explained well by that video.

It remains bizarre, though!