Re: [News] [Rival] Will Britain Be Next to Shut the Door on Forced Microsoft Purchases?

____/ BearItAll on Monday 18 June 2007 16:15 : \____

http://www.businessreviewonline.com/os/archives/2007/06/paying_for_soft.html

>> From offline discussions, I am aware that action will be taken here in
>> the UK to put an end to it as well.
>>

> I would have thought this sort of thing would go via the EU rather than
> individual members.

Yes, letters get sent to the Commission.

> Which makes the whole thing much more serious, since MS run the risk of
> losing out to 27 countries with the signing of a single piece of paper.
> (though it can take years for the EU to actually sign anything, I think
> there must be a shortage of pens).

With the precedence set, this may have become much easier. There were
attempts in the past, but apparently Norway was the first to be successful.
It could open the floodgates.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: Sharks are immune to cancer