Re: [News] [Linux] Chicago Sun-Times Introduces Readers to GNU/Linux

Linonut wrote:
After takin' a swig o' grog, Maverick belched out this bit o' wisdom:

It doesn't take the average consumer very long to realize that they've been conned. It takes a bit of time to go by, but M$ is already starting to fall off in their sales. Just like in the 70s, american auto manufacturers thought they had it made and started producing poor quality cars, people realized that there was an alternative... japanese autos that were put together well and very reliable. Of course GM and Ford are still there, but suffering from poor sales because they do not listen to the public, while Toyota is eating their lunch.

My two choices for a new (small) car were the Ford Focus and Toyota
Yaris.  Wife and daughter have Focii, and they aren't bad little cars,
and Ford provides tremendous incentives ($2500-$3000).

I opted for the Toyota, although I might have gotten a little more car
for the money with Ford.

Why a cheapo car for the Linonut?  It's all I need to go to work and
back.

You'll find over the long haul that the Toyota won't nickel and dime you to death over repairs like the Ford will.