Re: [News] Photographer Fears Vista, Tries Linux Instead

__/ [ [H]omer ] on Saturday 10 March 2007 13:11 \__

> Verily I say unto thee, that Mike spake thusly:
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>> Linux, a photographer's dilemma. . .
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]

>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://www.pixelessence.net/linux.html
>>
>> I'm a photographer and use Windows. Using GIMP instead of Photoshop is one
>> of the worst ideas anyone could possibly have.
>
> No. Paying more for your software, than what you paid for the camera, is
> by far a worse idea, especially when said software is mostly just vastly
> overrated hype.

Few of the features are actually being used. Microsoft, for instance, would
try to give you an arbitrary  count of features, regardless of the fact that
some are impractical things that just keep their developers busy. Neither
will you use them nor will you have heard about them by the time they come
out. Table drawing?? Pah-lease...

I use LyX to produce professional-looking documents and not only is it
lighter, but it's also stable, bug-free, cross-platform, and free (price and
liberties). I know my writings will be accessible 50 years down the line.
And I'm in touch with users and developers, which is nice...

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |   Oracle: Linux adoption to accelerate
  2:22pm  up 1 day 22:29,  5 users,  load average: 0.68, 0.74, 0.73