Re: [News] Windows Spewage (SPAM) Knocks Down School's E-mail

__/ [ Robert Newson ] on Saturday 10 March 2007 12:46 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> School email's out across UK
>> Gates said SPAM would vanish by 2006.
>
> It has /vanished/: how much spam do you /see/ after your spam filter has
> had a go at it?

In the case of Earthlink, it can vanish along with 90% of your legitimate
E-mails as well. This channel of communication is already assumed to be
unreliable, not because of its delivery protocol, but because roughly 19 in
20 messages is SPAM. I am losing some messages myself. Some get caught in
the net, but it's too large to actually explore without some search through
subject lines and use of whitelists.

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Data lacking semantics is currency in an island
  1:02pm  up 1 day 21:09,  5 users,  load average: 1.55, 1.35, 1.04