Re: Foresight Linux Live CD

  • Subject: Re: Foresight Linux Live CD
  • From: Kier <vallon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 12:11:08 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 11:33:20 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> __/ [ Kier ] on Saturday 10 March 2007 11:04 \__

>> So, worth a look? On balance, yes. All it cost me was a longish torrent
>> download, a CD and a couple of reboots. And if you haven't looked at Gnome
>> lately and want to see what it's about, there are worse ways to check it
>> out.
>
> To be fair, it's a development release (and the first of its kind). I think
> it was only announced a couple of days ago and the Web site hides it (trust
> me, I tried to find it, but maybe it was just mentioned somewhere in the
> mailing list/s and DW).

I saw the announcement on Distrowatch, and followed the link. It's not so
hard to find, leastways I found it easily enough. Took a while to torrent,
though, because it's not in huge demand. But I didn't mind waiting - was
asleep/at work while it downloaded anyway.

Given its newness, I though it worked very well. I may hoof over to the
website and see if anyone has reported similar faults with it. Faults can
be remedied, once they know they're there.

--
Kier