Re: [News] Has Microsoft Given Up on Windows? No Patches At All for 0-Day Vulnerabilities!

__/ [ Linonut ] on Saturday 10 March 2007 04:51 \__

> After takin' a swig o' grog, Jerry McBride belched out this bit o' wisdom:
>
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> Microsoft takes a 'Patch Tuesday' break
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>
>> Dude, Roy, whatever you may or may not read... I'll wager that Microsoft
>> simply can't keep up with all the bugs..........
>
> Or they may simply ask themselves, "How many boxes does 'patch Tuesday'
> sell?"

It's no joke. They have begun charging for patches....

,----[ Quote ]
| For users running that software, Microsoft charges $4,000 per product
| for DST fixes.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,129550-c,industrynews/article.html

I refer you back to the quote in the OP. That's why vendor dependecies are
nasty. You let yourself be abused.

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |   McDonald's Certified Sandwich Engineer (MCSE)
  5:07am  up 1 day 13:14,  4 users,  load average: 1.32, 1.04, 0.78