Re: [News] Microsoft Begins to Accept .Net Compromises, Mixing with Open Source

> There is life beyond .NET, says Microsoft (really)
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Ed Horst, VP of marketing product strategy at AmberPoint, says the
>| company's origins were in Java-based environments but, since it
>| began working with Microsoft in 2002, it has straddled the
>| Java and .NET worlds - and seen a change in Microsoft's
>| attitude. "When we first worked with Microsoft in 2002-3
>| they were very much into an 'us and them' approach - either
>| .NET or Java. They were resistant to talking about Java in
>| case studies even though many of our customers have both.
>| But this has changed - now Microsoft seems quite happy to
>| talk about Java."
> `----
>
> http://www.regdeveloper.co.uk/2007/03/02/microsoft_bpa/
>
> Java is GPL. And then there's Linux and Microvell.

I think Microsoft have had to face up to a major milestone, they are no
longer the centre of the universe in corporate computing.  Obviously,
we've all known this for some time, but for the corporate to accept it
is a key step - amongst other things, it means that senior people
/internally/ in Microsoft have accepted it, such that their external
representatives are able to speak the truth without losing their jobs.