Thanks again,
Darkelldar.

"Roy Schestowitz" <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:48878162.A8mmoTtlyX@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
__/ [ Darkelldar ] on Sunday 04 March 2007 01:45 \__

"AB" <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:7ckpb4-bms.ln1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 2007-03-04, Darkelldar <atcompsys@xxxxxxx> claimed:
Downloaded the ISO, Burnt it to disk, Boot up system and it starts to
load I
select 800x600 x32 and start the install, the screen goes blank and it
sits
there with a black screen and then the monitor goes to standby?

Any Ideas on this? Thanks.

Sounds like it's getting one of the frequencies wrong.

What graphics card are you using?

ATI X1900 XTX.

Have you tried a lower bitplane? Say, 24, or 16?

Yes 640 X 480 X 16

Have you tested a different resolution? I've been able to suffice short-term with a setting of 1024x768@60Hz until I could get in and manually configure things (that was caused by an oddball Envision monitor I bought at Costco).

High End LG 20.1" Widescreen

Have you tried the live version and tried to install from there? Or is this directly into the installer only? What happens if you get the live desktop and run that installer?

Its the live version thats not booting. The harddrive is clean.

If the hard-drive is clean (as in blank), have you considered trying the
installer (simple and text-based)? It should only take about 20 minutes to
test (it sounds like your have a powerful workstation). Then, in addition to
having Ubuntu Linux configured differently, you could easily set a few
values correctly. It is likely that your monitor/graphics card were not
properly tested for compatibility with Ubuntu Linux, which is something we
must sometimes cope with until the OEMs deliver PCs with Linux preinatalled.

--
               ~~ Best wishes

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bYsxaMyFV2Y http://youtube.com/watch?v=QNb7gPA1JFk
5:20am up 40 days 5:38, 6 users, load average: 0.18, 0.45, 0.53