Re: Statistics for comp.os.linux.advocacy, 12 Mar 2007

__/ [ BearItAll ] on Monday 12 March 2007 16:03 \__

> Black Dragon wrote:
>
>> Total posts ... over 7 days
>>  1: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>......... 474:
>
> i.e. 67 posts per day.
>
> I thought we had agreed that this was too many of this sort of post and it
> was going to be cut down to more reasonable levels?
>
> How about you get an average of how many per day are responded to in any
> way, and set that plus say 10% as the limit?

67 is not the number of threads though. I post many more followups than I
used to. The volume is event driven, not 'quota' driven. In fact, the number
of threads I start has gone down since you made the polite request, which I
always bear in mind. I also try to group related news.

I've made a mental note. Thanks for the suggestion.