[News] [Linux] OpenDocument Format ('Cash Cow Killer') Gains Momentum on KDE Desktop

KOffice ODF Sprint Report

,----[ Quote ]
| The two days of the KOffice ODF sprint were very productive. Most
| time was spent on group discussions, and designing specific parts
| of KOffice in smaller groups.
`----

http://dot.kde.org/1179144063/

Days ago:

Norwegian Standards Council Recommends Mandatory use of ODF and PDF

,----[ Quote ]
| According to the press release, the recommendation will be the subject of
| open hearings, with opinions to be rendered to the Cabinet before August 20
| this summer. The Cabinet would then make its own (and in this case binding)
| recommendation to the Norwegian government.
`----

http://www.consortiuminfo.org/standardsblog/article.php?story=20070513180219689

Related:

The Road to KDE 4: New KOffice Technologies

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://dot.kde.org/1168284615/