Re: Microsoft struggling to convince about Vista

Jim Richardson <warlock@xxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

> On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 11:09:49 -0500,
>  Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> * Jim Richardson fired off this tart reply:
>>
>>> Anthropogenic Global warming is bullshit, this crap is isolated cases of
>>> criminal activity, might as well point to the illegal drug trade as a
>>> reason to burn Glaxo down.
>>
>> Actually, Jim, it is not bullshit.  The effect is significant, and it
>> has nothing to do with illegal activities.  The simple fact is that the
>> amount of compounds spilled into the air due to the activities of
>> civilization is causing climate change.
>>

> No that's a simple assertion that fails to meet the scientific methdd.
>
>> There's a lot of argument about whether this outweighs natural causes of
>> climate changes, but, nonetheless, even the most conservative estimates
>> work out to about 2 degrees Fahrenheit of change.  A significant amount
>> no matter how you look at it.
>>

> No, some of the claims are 2deg F, in actual fact, the *observed* rise
> in temp since 1900, is on the order of 0.7degC (about 1.1degF) and most
> of that, (0.5C) was before 1945. Our peak global temp since 1900, was in
> 1998, according to the climatologists, due to the el Nino that year.
>
> AGW is a failed theory that hangs on only due to political pressure and
> people who don't actually read the studies they quote.
>
> 1) Rises in CO2 presence in the atmosphere *lags* rising temp by nearly
> a milennia
>
> 2) The earth has been *far* warmer in the recent past, as recently as
> the medieval warming period in fact, and somehow, the polar bears
> survived. Despite the claims of the AGW crowd that the polar bears are
> doomed 'cause they can't handle the heat!
>

> 3) Yeas, arctic ice sheets have been melting and losing ice mass.
> However, Antarctic Ice is *increasing* and by a greater degree.

Nope - that was an error made in 2002 which Nasa cleared up very quickly
indeed afterwards.  Antarctic Ice is not increasing, and neither is
Arctic Ice.  The only people claiming this now are Oil-company funded
Shills.  And you.