Re: [News] Linux Gets Drivers and Applications Right (Others Do Not)

> How many keystrokes, downloads, mouse movements, and reboots would
> that require in Windows?

The fact is that Microsoft just doesn't have an answer to the kind of
easy package management one finds on GNU/Linux, and given the disparate
nature of it's applications, probably never will. Such is the way of
proprietary software (no source, so rebuilding, no redistribution, no
repos, no single-point package management).

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "[Microsoft] are willing to lose money for years and years just to
|  make sure that you don't make any money, either." - Bob Cringely.
|  - http://blog.businessofsoftware.org/2007/07/cringely-the-un.html

 10:23:03 up 83 days, 10:17,  2 users,  load average: 0.04, 0.06, 0.03