Re: [News] Reviwewers Still Sneeze at Windows Home Server, Incompatible with Linux

____/ Mark Kent on Wednesday 05 September 2007 11:12 : \____

>> ____/ Mark Kent on Wednesday 05 September 2007 09:31 : \____
>>
>>> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

>>> There must be some reason why Ashley Highfield would be deliberately
>>> choosing to back a system which is never likely to work with anything
>>> other than a particular flavour of Microsoft's operating system.  We
>>> really are left with incompetence (so sack him) or corrruption (sack him
>>> and prosecute).
>>
>> One person whom I can't name is looking into this. There's apparently a
>> broader plan.
>
> Good - it warrants a proper investigation.  I wonder if one of the ITV
> investigative journalistic programmes might want to take up this cause?
> Unfortunately, I have a sneaking suspicion that they've abandoned their
> flagship investigative programmes - World in Action and This Week, both
> of which were very good.
>
> Maybe "Which" might be interested?

I believe that ITV pulled a BBC as well.

>> Why should Brits be urged to ditch Windows 2000 to access content thet
>> have already paid for?
>>

> The whole situation is beyond my comprehension - the same problem also
> exists at the British Library and the National Archives, which appear
> to want to sell out to a foreign company.  Can you imagine this - we'll
> have foreigners managing access to hundreds of years of Hansard... this
> is the root of our democracy, and next to the Isle of Man, the oldest
> parliament on the planet.  We are giving it to, err, well, a convicted
> monopolist to manage.  Actually, we're not giving it, we're *paying*
> them to take it away from us.

They pay us back. Well... errr... some of us... very few of us... Ashley must
be a happy puppy.

It's a similar situation with companies like Xandros. They destroy a
society/community by paying one person to screw everybody else.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Windows O/S: chmod a-x internet; kill -9 internet
Mem:    515500k total,   447828k used,    67672k free,      652k buffers