Re: [Roy Schestowitz Lies Again] [Rival] Microsoft Sabotages MBR (GNU/Linux) with Windows Update

Jim Richardson <warlock@xxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

> On Fri, 11 Apr 2008 09:25:16 -0700,
>  Tim Smith <reply_in_group@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> In article <JnILj.21683$9O.10885@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>>  Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> As far as Roy summarizing articles incorrectly, I've already spoken my
>>> piece.  But, one more time.  He goes too fast in posting them, and that
>>> is a recognized weakness.  Be prepared to deal with it.  It's not like I
>>> haven't told you over and over about it.
>>
>> A few times can be excused as a mistake due to being sloppy.  But that
>> excuse doesn't work when it happens over and over again for months or
>> years.  If it were just a mistake, and he actually wanted to present
>> accurate information, he'd correct the behavior that leads to the
>> mistakes.
>

> well, we've been saying that for years, but Erik hasn't changed
> behaviour yet.

Indeed not, nor is he likely to, in my view.

The article is correct, though, as is the headline.  This particular
update does damage the MBR in some way.

--
| mark at ellandroad dot demon dot co dot uk                           |
| Open platforms prevent vendor lock-in.  Own your Own services!       |