Re: [Roy Schestowitz Lies Again] [Rival] Microsoft Sabotages MBR (GNU/Linux) with Windows Update

____/ Linonut on Saturday 12 April 2008 15:18 : \____

,----[ Quote ]
| "Ideally, use of the competing technology becomes associated with mental
| deficiency, as in, "he believes in Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and OS/2."
| Just keep rubbing it in, via the press, analysts, newsgroups, whatever. Make
|                                                   ^^^^^^^^^^
| the complete failure of the competition's technology part of the mythology of
| the computer industry. We want to place selection pressure on those companies
| and individuals that show a genetic weakness for competitors' technologies,
| to make the industry increasingly resistant to such unhealthy strains, over
| time."
`----

                --- Microsoft, internal document
                http://www.groklaw.net/pdf/Comes-3096.pdf

Just plonk the Munchkins, Chris. There are better things to discuss rather than
have the trolls try to get advocates to fight one another (also a tactic
mentioned in the memo above).

"Bill Gates looks at everything as something that should be his. He acts in any
way he can to make it his. It can be an idea, market share, or a contract.
There is not an ounce of conscientiousness or compassion in him. The notion of
fairness means nothing to him. The only thing he understands is leverage."
                --Philippe Kahn