Re: Confession of a Microsoft Shilling Advocate

After takin' a swig o' grog, Erik Funkenbusch belched out
  this bit o' wisdom:

> On Sat, 27 Dec 2008 08:01:45 +0000, Homer wrote:
>
>> I'd dearly love to know how anyone is suppose to "shill" for ... Free
>> Software?
>
> In case you hadn't noticed, there's a *LOT* of money behind "free"
> software.  IBM, Sun, Oracle, Red Hat, etc.. all have major investments in
> it.

Major, sure.  But as what percentage of their business?

Where are the IBM-OSS TEs?
Where are the Sun-OSS TEs?
Where are the Oracle-OSS TEs?

Hell, where are the RedHat-OSS TEs?

> Are you really that stupid?
>
>> Who pays, or even /would/ pay, for such a thing?
>
> Yet there are billions of dollars that go into "free software".

Yet, I don't see those companies wallpapering the internet with ads and
propaganda the way Microsoft does.

--
Ladies and Gentlemen, Hobos and Tramps,
Cross-eyed mosquitos and bowlegged ants,
I come before you to stand behind you
To tell you of something I know nothing about.
Next Thursday (which is good Friday),
There will be a convention held in the
Women's Club which is strictly for Men.
Admission is free, pay at the door,
Pull up a chair, and sit on the floor.
It was a summer's day in winter,
And the snow was raining fast,
As a barefoot boy with shoes on,
Stood sitting in the grass.
Oh, that bright day in the dead of night,
Two dead men got up to fight.
Three blind men to see fair play,
Forty mutes to yell "Hooray"!
Back to back, they faced each other,