Re: [News] [Rival] The Nicholas Negroponte Smear Campaign and Microsoft/Intel AstroTurfers

____/ 7 on Monday 14 January 2008 19:51 : \____

> Micoshaft Corporation Asstroturfer Hadron wrote on behalf of Micoshaft
> Corporation:
>
>> Kier <vallon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>>> You are the fool. Nothing in Linux precludes you from making money - it's
>>> *how* you make it that is different.
>>
>> Naive IMO.
>>
>> The question is, WHO will give you money. Few, if any it seems. I am
>> sure you can get a good solid 60-70K dollar job programming embedded
>> systems in C. But, well, it's not exactly exciting for most new
>> developers. it sounds cool, but it's incredibly boring and at times
>> frustrating.
>

> All you are proving is that you as a micoshaft asstroturfer does
> not know how to make money with free open source tools
> despite your peers who work in open source making money.
> They are currently selling 1 million+ embedded Linux
> gadgets per day being sold and software houses pushing
> out 1 million Linux desktops per month.

Maybe it's more than that. 4 billion embedded devices were sold 2006 based on a
recent study. More and more devices give up on a generic O/S and move to
something more standard and versatile like Linux. That's according to that
study as well.

Remember: Linux is /NOT/ just a desktop O/S. It's a f* kernel, and it's
extremely popular. It's probably used far more than Windows, overall.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Switch to GNU/Linux. < http://www.getgnulinux.org/ >
         run-level 2  2007-12-10 11:12                   last=