Re: Challenges of new UbuntuPC

"Hadron" <hadronquark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> stated in post
fnbrbs$ifh$3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on 1/24/08 10:16 PM:

> JEDIDIAH <jedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>>> Tell me again how Linux is ready for the masses.
>>
>> Windows finds a file it doesn't know how to handle? Tough luck.
>>
>> Ubuntu finds a file it doesn't know how to handle? It installs the app.
>
> If it doesn't know how to handle it, how does it "know" which app to
> install?
>
> Oh dear me.

It looks at the file extension and gets help from resources on the 'net.
Well, that is what I thought it would do.  Just tried with a couple and it
did not do so... gave me its version of the hour glass for some time and
then did nothing - not even a dialog telling me it did not know what to do.

--
If A = B and B = C, then A = C, except where void or prohibited by law.
Roy Santoro, Psycho Proverb Zone (http://snipurl.com/BurdenOfProof)