Re: Challenges of new UbuntuPC

> XMMS comes with MP3 support too (unless that has changed). And you
> know how 'difficult' it is to get XMMS in Ubuntu... takes a few
> seconds of mousing (or clicking if you can type in 'sudo apt-get
> install xmms').

Pretty much anything that uses libavcodec/libavformat supports MP3,
along with around 345 other formats (see "mplayer -av help" and "mplayer
-ac help" for the list). This includes MPlayer, VLC, ffmpeg (ffplay),
and presumably many others. Beat that, Windows Media Player. LOL!

For listening to music, I prefer AmaroK though, which also supports MP3,
ogg, MP4, and a host of other formats. Not that I really need it to,
since my entire collection is in ogg vorbis format, including the iTMS
purchased music that I stripped of DRM with QTFairUse6, then converted.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "[Microsoft] are willing to lose money for years and years just to
|  make sure that you don't make any money, either." - Bob Cringely.
|  - http://blog.businessofsoftware.org/2007/07/cringely-the-un.html

 14:45:48 up 32 days, 12:21,  3 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.04, 0.02