Re: [News] Recession a Blow to Microsoft, Blessing to GNU/Linux

The Ghost In The Machine wrote:

> I see you anticipate me, and you're mostly correct; the 2.24% is
> a maximum value, not a definitive one, though.

OK - but it's a lot higher than 0.8%:-)

> Mea culpa for being sloppy.

Well, now you've proved to yourself that you can do it when you concentrate,
so how about a little exercise?

That same site, much-beloved of our Windows friends, shows that over the past
12 months (just select the time period):-

Mac:-
Was 5.99%, became 7.94%

Windows:-
Was 93.28%, became 90.89%

Again, those are the total number in use, of course.

Exercise:-
Using our "agreed" methodology and "typical numbers", repeat the exercise for
Market Share (of the 250M) in each case.

The answers are quite surprising:-)
(Guessing - 15 or 16% Mac, 81 0r 82% Windows?)

G'night Ghost:-)