Re: Smith and Funky -- tag-team trolls extraordinaire

[H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx> espoused:
> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> ____/ [H]omer on Thursday 06 March 2008 16:34 : \____
>
>>> Fuddie was one of the original Munchkins AFAICT. Now he's trying to
>>> do to Linux what he did to OS/2. It won't work though, as I'm sure
>>> he now realises, since Linux has an advantage that OS/2 never had
>>> - Freedom.
>>
>> Is there a US law that gets Munchkins put in prison? The chair is too
>> far, but Erik's trolling deserves a good long jail time. So does
>> much of Microsoft, which is a cult of the worst kind. I have
>> professors telling me this, too.
>
> It's clear that Microsoft's fanaticism greatly exceeds our own, by quite
> a margin, but it is very strangely motivated indeed. I can understand
> someone fighting for their own rights; for freedom; for choice; for
> fairness and justice (which is fundamentally what the GPL is all about),
> but fighting the cause for some private enterprise, with which one is
> supposedly /not/ directly affiliated, is very odd. I cannot begin to
> understand the motive, especially when that corporation is so corrupt.
>
> I can only draw one of three possible conclusions to explain the
> (seemingly) irrational devotion such people have to Microsoft:
>
> 1) ... They are in fact Microsoft employees
> 2) ... They are gullible people who are easily brainwashed
> 3) ... They are malevolent people who always favour wrong over right
>
> Certainly there is the technical argument, but I'm afraid Microsoft lost
> that years ago. Since then, the argument has devolved into one of market
> share and ad hominem attacks.
>
> Just yesterday (posted by Robin):
>
> Open source in schools could save the taxpayer billions
>
> http://www.computerworlduk.com/community/blogs/index.cfm?entryid=560&blogid=17
>
> Watch the shill launch his vicious ad hominem attack against the author.
>
> And Microsoft and their "fans" wonder why they're labelled "gangsters".

You know, that post of Erik's, (here, for those who get back to the
link:
http://groups.google.co.uk/group/comp.os.os2.advocacy/msg/7a6fc385dd4b3bdc
)

is from 1997.  This means that he's been FUDding with essentially the
same tosh for at least 11 years now.  It must be so depressing to see
that he's backed the wrong horse.  All those wasted years...