Re: [News] OOXML BRM a "Utter and Predictable Embarrassment", People Mugged

____/ Mark Kent on Tuesday 04 March 2008 09:18 : \____

>> ____/ Mark Kent on Tuesday 04 March 2008 08:10 : \____
>>
>>> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

>>> This is an appalling state of affairs.  As a one-time long-time ITU
>>> Rapporteur, I'm very familiar with the tactics used to lift particular
>>> issues to the forefront of typically very busy committees, and to drum
>>> up support across different delegations.
>>>
>>> In my decade of standards work, I never saw anything remotely like
>>> what's being reported from the ISO/BRM.  This really is corruption in
>>> action, is so overt as to be, as is said above, an embarrassment.
>>>
>>> The result of Microsoft's activity here should be to review all procedures
>>> and processes of the ISO body, in particular, to ensure that ECMA-approved
>>> documents are not put through accelerated approvals processes since
>>> they are clearly no longer trustworthy, and that we taxpayers should
>>> be assured that our representatives from  our national delegations are
>>> not representing a foreign company's interests and putting them beyond
>>> our own.
>>
>> Microsoft already plans this for XPS (with ECMA's help). Watch out, ISO.
>>

> I think that we should be pushing the warnings out now to all the
> relevant people.  Presumably it could be possible to email suitable
> information to the delegation heads and the BRM chairman to let them
> know what is coming?
>
> I don't imagine for one moment that Microsoft will be giving up on
> trying to get a second standard alongside the excellent ODF.  I would
> like to see ISO review its own rules and determine just why they even
> /considered/ OOXML, since they already have a perfectly good standard in
> place.

Microsoft pressured ISO and allegedly used pseudo supporters to spam Lisa
Rajchel and do the insane. It was all corruption from the get-go.

Google: organising the world's information.  Government: reorgnaising
                     the world's information (censorship) in its favour