Re: [News] Apple Eats Crow (Software Patent Poison)

Mark Kent wrote:

> CallerID is a function of C7 networks.  Basically, it's just about
> moving the A-number around and presenting to the dialled party using
> suitable signalling.  Obviously, the A-number is essential for
> billing, and the B-number for routeing, so the two are fundamental to
> how the signalling of the PSTN works.

Talking about PSTN, how will services like CallerID be affected by the
upgrade to 21CN?

I'm interested specifically because I depend on services like Anonymous
Call Rejection (the telecoms equivalent of spam filtering).

I hope I don't lose my so-called "Calling Features" as a result of this
change to the network.

Also, what is your opinion of security on 21CN, and how does this relate
to VOIP? I'm concerned that 21CN might conceivably facilitate easier
snooping on the network.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
|     ~ Cory Doctorow, The Guardian.  http://tinyurl.com/22bgx8

 01:25:43 up 73 days, 23:01,  5 users,  load average: 1.00, 0.82, 0.41