Re: [Troll] Jim Allchin, Spinmeister

____/ [H]omer on Sunday 02 March 2008 17:48 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> ____/ Linonut on Saturday 01 March 2008 18:14 : \____
>
> [Jim Allchin wrote]
>>> 2-and-œ years later, Windows Vista has turned into a phenomenal
>>> product, better than any other OS we've ever built and far, far
>>> better than any other software available today, in my opinion. It's
>>> going to be available to customers on Jan 30, and I suggest
>>> everyone go out and get it as soon as you can.  It's that good.
> [...]
>> "LH [Longhorn] is a pig and I don't see any solution to this problem.
>> If we are to rise to the challenge of Linux..."
>>
>> --Jim Allchin
>
> In a word ... LOL!
>
> Maybe Vista's problems will just "fix themselves" magically. Certainly
> nobody else seems to have made much effort, or had much success, doing
> so. And that token gesture called SP1 is nothing but a bad joke.

About a month ago, Ballmer hinted at increased market^H^Hrainwash as the
elixir, i.e. get some more people fooled, let them try Vista over the weekend
before giving up and installing Linux (maybe even XP). About 3 days ago, Mary
Jo Foley revealed that $0.3 billion will be spent on some food marketing
business that will advertise business (I kid you not). There are other things
such as this:

Microsoft battles Vista perception issues with $15,000 prize

| In what can only be described as an act of utter desperation to overcome
| Vista’s mostly negative public perception issues, Microsoft Australia has put
| together an online “Fact or Fiction” quiz all about Windows Vista. Every
| person who enters gets a certificate of completion and, if you are an OEM
| system builder, you get a Windows Vista Advisor polo shirt too. Ah the
| temptation is overwhelming and I sense the greed welling up within you.
`----

http://apcmag.com/8017/microsoft_battles_vista_perception_issues_15_000_prize

By the way, as a general and random statement, please don't mind my typos. I
just do this in a single pass and I sometimes get the impression that it makes
me look dumber.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Linux + tax = Mac OS = (Windows - functionality)
Mem:    515500k total,   444672k used,    70828k free,     4680k buffers