Re: [News] Sun Joins the Open Group; Advice Given for Shooting Down OOXML

____/ Mark Kent on Friday 14 March 2008 07:07 : \____

>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| He was asked "Why did Microsoft push OOXML through the "Fast Track" process
>>| instead of the standard ISO process? Wouldn't they get less resistance than
>>| faced now?"
>>|
>>| His response was very frank: "Office is a USD$10 billion revenue generator
>>| for the company. When ODF was made an ISO standard, Microsoft had to react
>>| quickly as certain governments have procurement policies which prefer ISO
>>| standards. Ecma and OASIS are 'international standards', but ISO is the
>>| international 'Gold Standard'. Microsoft therefore had to rush this
>>| standard through. Its a simple matter of commercial interests!"
>> `----            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>
>> http://www.openmalaysiablog.com/2007/09/microsoft-tech-.html

You just echoed the whole thing. Accident?

FWIW, Britain was corrupted by Microsoft as well. A Microsoft partner or a set
of them (can't recall the levels of authority of each) had the
delegation/panel stacked. I have this documented somewhere.

It's hard to find countries where Microsoft did not cheat. It's fighting for
survival by fighting for lock-in. Most high-level articles are too shy (or
biased) to mention even a single word about the corruption. Business as usual.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Open Source Reversi: http://othellomaster.com
 11:20:04 up 49 days, 21:14,  4 users,  load average: 3.02, 2.38, 2.13