Re: Why was this submission of yours anonymous, Schestowitz?

____/ The Ghost In The Machine on Tuesday 11 March 2008 18:33 : \____

> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Roy Schestowitz
> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>  wrote
> on Tue, 11 Mar 2008 17:43:29 +0000
> <3081561.Rt2E1K9XHf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> ____/ Linonut on Tuesday 11 March 2008 11:32 : \____
>>
>>> It's possible, you can never know, that the universe exists
>>> only for me. If so, it's sure going well for me, I must admit.
>>> -- Bill Gates, TIME magazine Vol. 149, No. 2 (13 January 1997)
>>
>> Did he really say this???
>>
>> He must have had the same heroin Ballmer had before hopping on stage.
>>

> Perhaps...but there's no method to easily disprove solipsism.
> Are you a figment of my imagination?  Am I a figment of yours? ;-)
>
> I'll agree it's going well for him; $60B/year is hard to ignore.
> But $60B/year at the expense of innovation?  Hmm...

Ghost, you keep bringing up these numbers, but are you aware of
Microsoft's /real/ financial health? Or IBM's for that matter? Companies don't
show their financial pains until they absolutely must. Recall SCO's Chapter 11
(very unpredictable), then Worldcom and Enron.

Microsoft is /not/ close to bankruptcy (unlike the ones listed above), but
unless it changes its direction, it will have to shrink, or go overseas or get
more visas, as it already does (mind Gates' latest lobby). As the Web evolves,
fewer people will need to pay for Microsoft's few profitable products.

"The government is not trying to destroy Microsoft, it’s simply seeking to
compel Microsoft to obey the law. It’s quite revealing that Mr. Gates equates
the two."
                --Government official