Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Shill Seemingly Planted for OOXML in Poland

> ____/ Mark Kent on Saturday 29 March 2008 19:04 : \____

>>> ____/ Mark Kent on Saturday 29 March 2008 12:38 : \____

> http://polishlinux.org/poland/possible-manipulation-around-ooxml-process-in-poland/

>>> And they eventually votes "Yes". Now confirmed. The EU is already
>>> investigating this incident, among others. Tell Microsoft to borrow more
>>> than 20 billion dollars for Yahoo.... they'll need to pay some heavy fines
>>> also... and see their business in Europe grinding to a halt. Not embargo,
>>> but procurement intervention. The world needn't do business with criminal
>>> because there's already Free software. Oh, and it's much better anyway.
>>>

>> I would think that those whose votes were against and/or abstained will
>> now be furious at having been misrepresented by Microsoft on the global
>> stage.  I can't see this doing a great deal of good for Microsoft's
>> standing either in Poland or in Geneva.
>
> Or in Brussels. The latest corruptions I'll post about in a minutes. It's
> infuriating and there is no way in this world Microsoft won't get severely
> punished for it.

We just need to keep highlighting corruption in order to stop it.
Oddly, I was watching an old "Professionals" episode yesterday (thanks
to mythtv!), which happened to be about corruption in local councils and
the building trade.  Some things remain a constant...

By the way, "Prisoner" is being shown again, anyone who hasn't seen it
really should - it's one of the finest television shows ever made.
Two episodes have gone by;  the first one where our hero resigns his
civil service job and finds himself in the village, and the second one
where he makes his first major escape attempt.

--
| mark at ellandroad dot demon dot co dot uk                           |
| Open platforms prevent vendor lock-in.  Own your Own services!       |