Re: [News] Charity Killer (Intel): Proof of Corruption

____/ Sinister Midget on Tuesday 06 May 2008 13:25 : \____

> On 2008-05-06, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> claimed:
>> ____/ Homer on Tuesday 06 May 2008 11:31 : \____

>>> If Intel were to ever become the only CPU manufacturer, I think I might
>>> actually want to stop using computers ever again. Seriously. I'd rather
>>> revert to stone tablets and abacuses than support the Intel gangsters.
>>
>> Stallman says he doesn't use cellphones because they are proprietary, IIRC.
>> He was/is going to dump the Thinkpad for an OLPC for similar reasons.
>
> Anybody can get along without a cell phone. A large number of people
> do. People /can/ get along without computers, too, although smaller
> numbers of people are willing to do so.

I got rid of cellphones many years ago. It was just taking up space. :-) I
hardly even use my PDA nowadays.

>> Freedom != convenience.
>
> Funny that he wasn't willing to be inconvenienced by doing without a
> computer when there weren't any that were not proprietary. I'm betting
> he'll use his newfound "freedom" from proprietary hardware to get even
> more preachy against hardware manufacturers.

OpenBSD already does that.

OpenBSD founder: Intel leaves open-source out in the cold

http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=336#7851462737160269475

Intel: Only "Open" for Business

http://undeadly.org/cgi?action=article&sid=20060930232710&mode=expanded

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Here be hills, there be dragons!
Tasks: 121 total,   2 running, 119 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie