Re: $75 Single-board Computer Comes with Linux Preinstalled

After takin' a swig o' grog, Sandeep Kumar belched out
  this bit o' wisdom:

> WRT to the single board computer my mom had a Mercedes with what I was told
> was a Windows based 'brain'. She kept getting locked out of her own car,
> the car would turn off all by itself, alarm would false trigger, the audio
> system stopped working,the car would not start and literally 100 other
> different and intermittent problems.The dealer finally replaced the
> computer and all was fine.I was told the Windows software was to blame but
> I certainly have no proof of this.Whatever it was a Mercedes is not
> supposed to behave like that.

<sniff sniff>

Mercedes have a /ton/ of problems with windows:

   windows+mercedes+problems   Results 1 - 10 of about 9,500,000

All joking aside, here's one minor one:

   https://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsMobile/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3517024&SiteID=65

   Mercedes bluetooth car kit pairing htc cruise problems

   Anyone have a solution for this problem. Merc carkit recognises the HTC
   cruise, but cannot pair . All the settings are correct on the HTC. The
   HTC doesn't seem to get to the point where it allows you to key in the 16
   digit passcode.

Seems pretty clumsy to be entering passcodes while sitting in your car,
anyway.

--
Programmers used to batch environments may find it hard to live without
giant listings; we would find it hard to use them.