Re: Linux estimated on at least 3% of all desktops

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> ____/ Richard Rasker on Sunday 23 November 2008 23:33 : \____
>

>> Hadron wrote:

>>> We know. Your numbers are notoriously misleading and inaccurate. You
>>> cried "Wolf!" once too often to ever be believed by anyone but the most
>>> zealous and sycophantic COLA arselicker. So Liarnut will probably
>>> believe you. Mind you, he believes that MS's drop in stock prices
>>> indicates a surge for Linux and the end of MS .....
>>
>> ... And yes, right on cue! A mere three minutes between my posting and
>> your foul language, personal attacks and you crying wolf^H^H^H^H"liar"
>> once over.
>>
>> Well done, that man. Now go play in the sandbox again, and keep telling
>> the other Wintoddlers there that Linux has only 0.5% after all, and that
>> any other figures are all lies :-)

> You've missed a very big portion there. In the developing world, Debian
> (whether customised/localied or not) is hugely popular. In Brazil, for
> instance, I hear that about 8% run a flavour of GNU/Linux, but usually a
> distro you never heard of. In fact, based on millions of hits in a site,
> 1/3 are unspecified GNU/Linux distribtuion, probably with some obscure
> name like Molinux.
>
> The 3% figure is conservative, but Gartner, which is funded by Microsoft,
> puts it at 4%.

I know I left out quite a few distributions, and I deliberately and
consistently took the lowest, most pessimistic figures I could find, so
that there's as little room as possible to dispute the figure of "at least
3%".

And sure enough, the Wintrolls immediately came crawling out /en masse/
shouting "liar" and such. I must have seriously stepped on some people's
toes (or any other bodily protrusions you may care to mention) ;-)

Richard Rasker
--
http://www.linetec.nl