Re: Microsoft losing revenue to Linux; only the beginning

____/ Darth Chaos on Tuesday 11 November 2008 01:15 : \____

http://girishmallapragada.blogspot.com/2008/04/microsoft-fed-and-future-bailout-story.html

> Sunday, April 13, 2008
> Microsoft, Fed and a future bailout story
>
> This might happen in the not too distant future.  A Fed bailout of
> Microsoft.  Just as the Fed bailed out Bear, it might have to
> eventually bail out Microsoft as well.  It is no secret that Vista has
> been a big flop for Microsoft.  What could now happen is Microsoft
> tries to scramble desperately to develop a new OS that is not like
> Vista and given that MS never learns from its mistakes all we will we
> get is some variant of XP and Vista. (gates has already called this
> Windows 7).  As usual, due to to Microsoft's thoughtlessness it will
> be a flop and what the world will end up with is a monopoly that
> cannot address the needs of millions of consumers and firms.  Very
> sensitive financial data and hosts of other things will be continue to
> be hosted on old legacy Microsoft offerings that lag behind other
> technologies.  One the day of reckoning when no one is prepared, there
> will be a system wide crash and with it the stock markets.  The Fed
> will be asked to bail out Microsoft because a further collapse needs
> to be prevented.  The Fed will agree and rescue MS shareholders while
> leaving million sof MS consumers at a loss.
>
> I urge what we need is a consumer bill of rights from Microsoft.  The
> right to be free and be able to insist for software that can work with
> other programs.  Also, these rights should enforce hardware providers
> not to develop hardware that is OS dependent.  The driver developers
> need to be arm-twisted as well.  The reason we need the institutions
> to intervene is that otherwise they would be the ones who would be
> forced to bail out Microsoft and all the other greedy firms which rely
> on closed IP, just like we had to bail out Bear.  We deserve much
> better and much more than that.

Some say that Microsoft starts entering the medical scene (people's lives) and
storting archives in OOXML for its impending bankruptcy protection (think
SGI).

"For instance, Microsoft, the world’s most valuable company, declared a profit
of $4.5 billion in 1998; when the cost of options awarded that year, plus the
change in the value of outstanding options, is deducted, the firm made a loss
of $18 billion, according to Smithers."

http://etheridge.ca/articles/economist-options.html

- --
                ~~ Best of wishes

"The government is not trying to destroy Microsoft, it’s simply seeking to
compel Microsoft to obey the law. It’s quite revealing that Mr. Gates equates
the two."
                --Government official