Re: Perhaps it is time to start a moderated group?

On Wed, 05 Nov 2008 09:40:38 +0000, Mark Kent wrote:

> William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

>>> Oh yeah:
>>
>> WOOOOOOOOOSH! Right over the Flatfish trolls head at 20,000 ft.
>>
>> Roy's so called "spam" (which it *isn't*) is posted in here to drown out
>> the whinging, moaning, lying trolls. For that *very* reason, they don't
>> like it.
>> In a moderated group, we could have proper discussions & debates.
>> There wouldn't be any need for Roy to this in there.
>> AFAIC Roy could still post his [News] items in here.
>
> You can't be spamming if you're posting on-topic.
>

>>> http://tinyurl.com/6hecfx
>>>
>>> Subject: Re: Roy Schestowitz
>>> Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 08:37:41 +0100
>>>
>>> [quote]
>>>
>>> Unlike you - a troll with a chip on your shoulder who manually
>>> creates so much shite aka anti-Roy spam that no-one, that's
>>> right, NO-ONE wants to read, that you've single-handedly reduced
>>> the appeal and effectiveness of a newsgroup.
>>>
>>> Please, go create another group and move to it. If you really
>>> have a voice someone wants to listen to, you'll get them moving
>>> over to it.
>>>
>>> You can get treatment for obsessive compulsive disorder you know!
>>> [/quote]
>>>
>>> Speaking of starting groups, this Moshe troll ought to follow the
>>> poster's advice and find another to rant in.
>>
>> Indeed, & he can take his sibling trolls with him to a Windows group.
>>

> A moderated group would have major advantages.  Aside from anything
> else, it would put a stop to the nym-shifting of our friend Gary
> Stewart, as he wouldn't be able to post.
>
> The issue we'd get, though, is that they (the trolls, like Erik, Timmy,
> Gary, Bill Weisg. etc.) would choose a new nym, be reasonable for a long
> long time, and then would start the same old low-level trolling, indeed,
> might well attempt to get the on-topic, pro-charter folk banned.
>
> I don't think it's possible to overestimate how low these people will go
> - you only have to look at Erik's attack on Rex as an example of one of
>   the most appalling attacks I've ever seen.

AFAIC Erik FUDdenbusch shouldn't even *be* in this group, let alone a
moderated one. He's a Wintroll/astroturfer & all-round nasty POS.
I believe *any* of them (that you've named) will stoop to the lowest
depths possible if it suits *their*, & their masters, efforts to discredit
Linux & Linux advocates.

--
Most people are sheep.
Microsoft is very effective