Re: [News] New Guide to GNU/Linux Sub-notebooks

  this bit o' wisdom:

> Blacklisted by Microsoft!
>
> [...]

   Oct. 8, 2008 -- I receive a mysterious "recall" notice in my Outlook
   Inbox from this same Julie McCormick. Apparently, she's trying to
   "unsend" the aforementioned invitation e-mail. Fortunately, I don't use
   Exchange Server (makes it harder for my sources to recant when they get
   cold feet), so this rather clumsy attempt at "evidence elimination"
   fails miserably. However, I'm concerned that such attempt was made in the
   first place. Why try to "undo" my invitation e-mail? Was I now being
   uninvited to the super-secret workshop?

   Panicking, I quickly hit reply to inquire as to the status of my
   invitation. At this point I'm thinking it must be a mistake, but since
   I've already booked my plane ticket (and can't change it without
   incurring all sorts of nasty penalties), I want to be sure.
   McCormick replies that she had "overstepped her boundaries" by inviting
   me and that the event in question was now at capacity.

> "Oct. 9, 2008 -- A short while later, I get my first hit. It seems that the
> whole mess started when the Windows Server team made the mistake of inviting
> yours truly to an event hosted by the Windows Client team. Apparently, the
> folks on the Server team were unaware of my decidedly negative views towards
> Vista, and when the Client folks found out they had invited Randall C.
> Kennedy -? a.k.a. Vista's most vocal and effective critic -? to their
> special, "for fanbois only" (nice photos, Paul) shindig, they went ballistic.
>
> "First, it appears that someone high up on the Client Team (Steve?) really
> doesn't like me. I mean, really, truly loathes me. And it's not just your
> run-of-the-mill frustration with a journalist who picks on them. This thing is
> personal, and the executive in question is allowing his or her personal
> feelings to spill over into the company's handling of formal press relations
> with InfoWorld.
>
> "But it doesn't stop there. The "official" explanation for my blacklisting and
> subsequent "dis-invitation" is that I somehow "violated the non-disclosure
> agreement" for Windows Vista Service Pack 1 Beta by publishing benchmark
> results before the update was released."
>
> http://weblog.infoworld.com/enterprisedesktop/archives/2008/10/blacklisted_by.html

Whining business-ass-kissing fanboi comment:

   George  10/27/2008  08:09:06 PM

   That was probably one of the most immature articles I have
   ever read. I felt like I was reading my sister's diary after
   she got dumped by her boyfriend. Maybe if you showed some
   professionalism, big business might let you tag along.

"Tag along".  Heh.

--
* Knghtbrd notes he has mashed potatoes for brains tonight
<Valkyrie> yum, can I have some?