Re: Linux can use 8GB RAM, what's the problem with Vista ?

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

____/ TomTom on Sunday 26 October 2008 00:47 : \____

Terry Porter wrote:
I've just read that Vista32 can only use 3GB of RAM and Vista64 is
limited to 4GB of RAM, what's up with that ?

What does Linux actually do with that 8GB of ram?

Intensive database/video/rendering stuff, and not just on servers.

Which is of no great interest or concern to the great majority of computer users.

I use both Windows and Linux, with several versions of each. I haven't found any limitation on the use of RAM by Windows to be a problem.