Re: [News] OpenOffice.org 3.0 Already on Millions of PCs

On Tue, 21 Oct 2008 22:38:43 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> ____/ 7 on Tuesday 21 October 2008 19:09 : \____
>
>> Micoshaft asstroturfing fraudster pounding the sock Moshe Goldfarb
>> wrote on behalf of Half Wits from Micoshaft Department of Marketing:

>>> Sure.....
>>> But not for long...
>>>
>>> Once people try OpenOffice, they dump it rather quickly.
>>> Why?
>>> They would rather pay for MSOffice because it's superior.
>>>
>>> Possibly OpenOffice 3.0 will remedy this, but isn't that what we heard
>>> with V2.0 ?
>>

>> Your post is out of date asstroturfing on behalf of micoshaft corporation.
>>
>> Open Office is gaining ground by a million a day at the moment
>> and you should not be trivilising the success enjoyed by millions
>> because micoshaft is paying you be asstroturfing.
>>
>> Asstroturfing by big corporations is illegal in the EU as of 26 May 2008.
>> Your asstroturfing post is more reasons why the US should be following suit
>> and banning corporations from hiring secretive commie asstroturfers like
>> you to distort the workings of the free market.
>>

>> | With the undercount included, OpenOffice.org 3.0 may already be installed
>> on
>> | up to 5 million computers worldwide, McCreesh said in a blog post.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.computerworld.com/action
>> article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9117575
>>
>> http://www.openoffice.org
>
> Facts speak louder than Munchkins.
>
> OpenOffice.org Breaks Records Everywhere
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | All around the world, it seems, people just can't get enough of this amazing
> | free office suite, which is now turning in serious market shares in some
> | countries. For, example, according to this report, there are now 12 million
> | users in Brazil, representing fully 25% of the entire office market there.
> `----
>
> http://www.computerworlduk.com/community/blogs/index.cfm?entryid=1369&blogid=14

It's estimated that there are more than 20million users of OpenOffice.

Some of the major OOo users:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Major_OpenOffice.org_Deployments

Also the state of Israel dumped M$ Office years ago, & changed to OOo:
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/55243

So, good enough for governments, & some large companies....but not good
enough for the M$ fanboi Quack troll!

--
Most people are sheep.
Microsoft is very effective