Re: Terry is back

____/ Terry Porter on Monday 20 October 2008 10:11 : \____

> On Sun, 19 Oct 2008 11:30:15 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>

> <snip massive webserver stats logs>
>
>       0 % Chimera (Old Camino)    No
>>         33      0 % FDM Free Download Manager       Yes     27      0 %
>>         CJB.NET Proxy   No      24      0 %
>>         Firebird (Old Firefox)  No      24      0 % BlogBridge (RSS
>>         Reader) No      18      0 % HTTrack Yes     15      0 %
>>         Sony/Ericsson Browser (PDA/Phone browser)       No      9
>>         0 % HTTP user-agent for POE (portable networking framework for
>>         Perl)        No      8       0 % The Movie Player (media player)
>>         No      6       0 % iBrowse No      5       0 %
>>         Xine, a free multimedia player (media player)   No      4
>>         0 % Plagger (RSS Reader)    No      2       0 % NetShow Player
>>         (media player)   No      2       0 % Lotus Notes web client  No
>>             2       0 % SharpReader (RSS Reader)        No      1
>>         0 %
>>

> Wow, quite different to mine, but that's normal I think.
>
> My server mainly has my wiki. I do tech articles about hardware that is
> is applicable to both Linux and Windows, which may explain the higher
> number of ms windows users than Linux users. Nevertheless, Linux is
> almost as popular as Vista on my server, and that quite interesting.

And yet, Web sites that 'contribute' their logs (i.e. sell away their visitors'
privacy) to so-called 'surveys' tend to be so-called 'fast food' sites, so the
FOSS niche, which is growing very large, gets totally neglected from the
sampled population.

> Note to Wintrolls: Before you swallow your tongue, turn green and let
> your Tourettes syndrome have full reign, GET over it, Ms Windows is old,
> outdated white goods for the mindless masses.
>
> Move over hairy ones, the speeding Linux hi-tech truck is now splattering
> a Wintroll near you!

If Linux was not better than Windows, they would not be here.

'"Forty percent of servers run Windows, 60 percent run Linux," [Ballmer]
said. "How are we doing? Forty is less than 60, so I don't like it. ... We
have some work to do."'

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/151568/ballmer_still_searching_for_an_answer_to_google.html

- --
                ~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | You can never get nine women to deliver a baby in a
month
Tasks: 140 total,   1 running, 139 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie