Re: [News] Munchkins Attack at the Claim of Linux Ease of Use

On 2008-09-06, DFS <nospam@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 7 wrote:
>
>> For most users its not a case of if they will switch to Linux,
>> its a case of when.
>
> blah blah blah blah blah... it's 2008 and you're still using Windows to make
> a living, little fraud.  So are virtually all Linux "advocates*".

...that would be not a matter of "what's" easier.

That's an issue of 3rd party support.

In my own field, a "free workalike" came to be more useful and usable
than it's commercial equivalent which was considered the "standard".
This was a very expensive bit of software. It was far more expensive
than it should have been given it's feautres. But people pay it because
it sits within the realm of even more expensive software.

Anyways, the commercial "gold standard" app has managed to suffer
feature creep and is now less useful than the freeware replacement.
The most unfortunate part of the situation is that the commercial
vendor hired the author of the freeware.

They "bought out" the competition.

--

       Unfortunately, the universe will not conform itself to
your fantasies. You have to manage based on what really happens        |||