Re: [News] Sub-notebooks Victors Against Microsoft & Inflated Margins

On 2009-02-15, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> claimed:

> Top 5 Netbook Linux Distributions
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Hi there! Have you already jumped onto the netbook bandwagon? I currently own
>| a MEDION PC, a MacBook and a Nokia E71, but my inner-geek still craves for a
>| cool little Linux netbook. Sub-notebooks are great stuff: they are, like
>| Linus Torvalds said in a recent interview, “laptops done right”. You can
>| carry them around, they are light, small and cheap so you do not have to
>| worry as much if you lose, or break them. At the same time though, you can do
>| some serious work with thee mini laptops.
> `----
>
> http://www.internetling.com/2009/02/14/top-5-netbook-linux-distributions/

I currently run Eeebuntu installed, and both EasyPeasy and Mint running
from thumb drives. Once I replace the SSD (a 4G, which will become
either a fast 32G or an even faster 16G) I plan on having at least 2
installed at any one time.

It amazes me how smooth things operate on the little things. I get a
few pauses since I added a small USB pocket drive to expand things. But
they still run pretty smooth. A lot better than I would have ever
imagined.

--
Don't read everything you believe.