Re: [News] Chrome for GNU/Linux Chooses GTK+

Verily I say unto thee, that Matt spake thusly:

> Well, I am always happy to see a living Puritan.

Your contempt for the principles of Freedom is noted.

> But you have never answered my claim that you can build your pure
> future software world from the remnants of the present...

Your "claim" was that, in a world where the only available OS was
Microsoft Windows, I should use that platform to rebuild the Free
Software ecosystem from scratch.

I stated I would rather stop using computers /completely/ than do
anything which supported gangsters like Microsoft, financially or otherwise.

You reinterpreted that to mean I would refuse to utilise any non-
Free software for the task, whereas my assertion pertained /only/
to Microsoft.

Your closing remark was some vacuous comment about "bad guys" and
"being silly", thus showing your utter contempt for the doctrines
of Freedom ... again, and indeed a lack of principles in general.

The fact that Free Software /could/ be recreated from scratch, on
Windows or any other non-Free platform, is obvious, and therefore
needs no confirmation. The fact that I would refuse to do so (use
Windows) for ideological reasons, is something that is apparently
not so clear to you, as is the possibility of creating an OS with
/no/ pre-existing development platform at /all/ (a point that you
have so far failed to answer).

> zealots

Congratulations, you found your magic keyword.

Here's mine:

*PLONK*

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It
|  is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves." ~ William
|  Pitt the Younger

 06:39:50 up 102 days, 14:22,  4 users,  load average: 3.86, 4.22, 4.18